Waterside Drinks & Dining
We’re open 7 days a week for family & dog friendly waterside drinks & dining from 1200.
Outside it’s now ‘Pay as You Go’ at the bar for both food and drinks. If dining just grab a menu and your table number. Full table service is available inside and bookings are advisable via this website, 01524 720546, or PM us via our Facebook page. We don’t reserve tables for outside dining – just turn up – we have 300+ waterside covers and will always do our best to accommodate you when we can.
Drinking inside is just like it used to be – pay at the bar and find a table! The wearing of face masks is encouraged but it’s your choice, as is the option of signing in with the NHS app using our poster sites throughout. Please continue to use the multiple hand sanitiser stations available inside and out.
Our food offering is complemented by a good selection of wines, beers and spirits as well as Lyons Coffee, Whittard Tea and Wallings Ice Cream.
The spacious conservatory was added a few years ago as part of a £250,000 refurbishment to really make the most of the canal views.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for latest bookings of live outside entertainment by the waterside!
Whilst reservations are always recommended, walk-ins are part of our welcoming culture and we will always go the extra mile to accommodate you whenever we can. We look forward to seeing you soon! The Canal Turn Crew x
After the success of our sell out Only Fools and 3 Courses show, The Canal Turn now brings you Only Fools @ Fawlty Towers! Four professional actors will portray different characters during the evenings entertainment including, Basil, Del Boy, Rodney, Manuel, Uncle Albert, Trigger, Sybil, Boycie, Slater, Raquel, Tony, Cassandra.
Boycie has organised a surprise 50th Birthday Party for Del Boy and has booked the function Suite at Fawlty Towers, Basil is not happy, but Sybil is looking forward to a fabulous night. Rodney and Cassandra have got the message that it is Fancy Dress party, any guesses who they will arrive as? Uncle Albert tries to organise a Sing a long, as only he can! Grand Finale with Raquel and Tony – don’t miss this. All the above and a superb three course meal, LOVELY JUBBLY
LIMITED £40pp TICKETS FROM BAR OR: Fools @ Fawlty Towers at The Canal Turn event tickets from TicketSource
Arrive 7pm for 730pm for show cast ‘meet & greet’ at the bar
3 course set menu:
• Waldorf Salad – apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, baby leaf salad with our crème de la mayonnaise vinaigrette dressing and a touch of Basil GF/Vegan
• Pan-fried Cumberland Sausage ring served with our cushty home-made bubble & squeak mash (bacon, carrot, caramelised onion and cabbage), glazed carrots, fine beans and our Vive La France red wine sauce (as they say in Rome) GF
(Vegetarian Cumberland with no bacon in the mash available on request – GF/vegan)
• Our lovely jubbly American Pancakes served with vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries & raspberries with a wich maple syrup & raspberry puree – you know it makes sense! GF/vegan
Please advise us in advance of any allergies or special dietary requirements
PLEASE NOTE: Bookings can only be requested within the Food Service Times below :
Mon – Thurs : 12:00 to 15:00 & 17:00 till 20:30 | Fri to Sun : 1200 to 20:30 all day
All fields except specific requests/other comments are required.
We welcome Motorhomes and Campervans to stay overnight with us. There is no charge so long as you use us for food and/or drink. Key points when visiting us:
- We don’t reserve parking spaces. If busy on arrival you can park on the area with yellow markings, which backs slightly onto the towpath. Vehicles can stay here or move to another space when one becomes available
- The Canal Turn proudly sponsors Carnforth Cricket Club which is just a 60 second walk over the road from the pub car park. On non-match days we have an arrangement for overflow motorhome parking using their car park. Please let a member of staff at the pub know if you are using this facility and continue to use the pub for dining and/or drinking once you have parked up and settled in
- We don’t offer any other services such as electric hook up or waste disposal
- If dining with us reservations are recommended as we can be extremely busy
- If you need any assistance on arrival please speak with a member of staff and we’ll do our best to help
Lancaster Road, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA5 9EA
Check out our Facebook page
We hadn’t booked but were told we could have a table to seat the 8 of us in 90 mins. We had drinks outside next to the canal while we waited. I was impressed with the range of drinks. We ordered the food and the…More
We made a booking for7:30. Table was ready and available immediately. Ordered food and drinks under table number. I had chicken burger which was delicious. I think house made as thickness of burger varied so breaded chicken breast. The prezal roll was also very good…More
For such a busy pub, the service and the food is fantastic. Well looked after at the bar by Matt and Rosie made running the floor look easy. Have another few days in Carnforth and I’m looking forward to a few more evenings here!
Found this pub when out touring in my motorhome as it allows for stopovers free of charge as long as you have a meal or drinks. Stunning setting right on the canal with a lovely walk as well. The landlord couldn’t have been more helpful…More